So after yesterday’s mini convo on CBG I went out. Now…I was a little ticked and since I was out and ticked I wondered how this blog would get done for today. Anyways…I mentioned it to friends and one of them said to me if I had a blog I would blog about how women should be more into the outdoors. Well seeing as how this girl would rather be in Saks than dealing with Sasquatch this was hard for me to come up with…this I remembered a few things.
I am from Alabama. We like the outdoors. In fact, the following things go pretty hard here:
1. Hiking through some of our mountains..probably Mt. Cheaha. If that’s too much for you just go check out the view of Birmingham from Vulcan and have a picnic.
2. Fishing on any of our too many to list waterways. What is a better way to spend some time communing with nature? Listening to the sound of the water pass you by on a beautiful somewhat cloudy day in spring or fall?
3. Now this might seem like reaching or nuts, but going mudding is a heck of a big deal here. I am NEVER going to try it, but hey…cleaning up afterwards might be fun!
4. Now we don’t exactly have this in my part of the country, but white water rafting can also be pretty popular. I can’t exactly swim, so I don’t know that I’ll be trying this either.
5. Hunting. I know men like to dominate and what better way to dominate than when you kill something. Hunter’s orange does not look good on me.
So those are a few things that I know of off the top of my head that mean might be interested in doing. Think about your locale for sure though…if you’re in Aspen..then obviously skiiing, snowboarding, etc would be fun. On the beach? Try jet-skiiing or parasailing… Planning a visit to the African jungles? Try bird watching, safaris or hel! swing from a tree! And you know almost any of this might make for making whoopie in the wild 😉
Gentlemen, anything else ladies should think about doing? I can’t be one-sided against my girls…are there any activities you wish men would try?