Admin Note: Originally, Holly was going to take over my day today, but since this post is relevant to what’s going on at the treehouse, we are going with it and we’re going to go with Holly’s post on Friday! And maybe I can have next week off!
We’ve had the debate on many days about whether or not chivalry was actually dead here in the blogworld. Well…Patti Stanger of Millionare Matchmaker declares that it isn’t and best of all it’s free. In fact, Thursday night I was watching an episode of her show where two millionaires happened to have hooked up. Patti explained to the lady millionaire that while she was a mom and CEO she should relax and let the man do his job. She then instructed the man to go and visit the woman because they had already broken a rule of hers since the lady visited him first.
I liked this. To me, it does show interest. I say this because I think it can work…(mind you this is just before I approached a man)
Anyways, Patti furthermore set out to give us five ways a man can be chivalrous that don’t cost any money…
1. Text back. I know that there are some out there who think text message communication is not the proper way to do things, but those of us with busy lifestyles who cannot always talk need a way to find out what’s what. So if a woman text you, text her back within a reasonable amount of time…come on…it’s really the least you can do.
2. Give Advance Notice. This means if you wanna do something on Saturday let her know no later than Wednesday. Consider that she has a life too. Also if you need to cancel, please let her know with 24-48 hours advance notice. Think about it, if it were a spa, dentist, doctor, etc they would charge your card. Treat her with the same respect.
3. Have a plan. This means do not pick her up and say “hey babe, what do you wanna do tonight?” I really, really hate when men do this, especially if they have asked me out. You should have some idea of what I like so you can take me somewhere and we can both have a good time (and actually want to do it again)
4. Weeks and Weekends. Don’t just call a girl Tuesday night after 11. Try calling her and meeting for coffee at 2 or drinks at 6. And don’t just keep her relegated to Monday-Friday, what’s wrong with Sunday brunch (after church of course). Variety is the spice of life.
5. Lateness and Rudeness. Unacceptable behavior -minus extenuating circumstances. Think about it in this way, you would rush to class, work, or church but you cannot rush to make sure I am not looking like an idiot at the lounge. Treat me with the same respect you would anything else you are dedicated to making work.
So ladies and gentleman, here are five free and easy ways to be chivalrous to the lady in your life.
Ladies, is there anything small but reassuring a man can do to reassure you of his intentions?
Gentlemen, anything surefire and simple that you’ve been doing that shows the women you care?