My cousin is getting married on this Saturday (by the time you guys read this post, the wedding will be over). I’m to be one of two bridesmaids, which has got me thinking about weddings… so I will just compile my random thoughts here.
1. I was never a girl who dreamed about the day she got married.. sure, I always thought I’d be married by the age of 28 (didn’t happen YET. I have six months to go. lol), but I have no clue about what kind of dress I would wear, any of that.
2. My boyfriend asked me if I knew what kind of ring I’d want if I was to be engaged. I have no clue. I don’t get into things like that.. I just want to be surprised.. that it is something nice and not gaudy. I don’t need a life savings spent on the thing. lol. Oh, and it cannot be gold.
3. I used to hate weddings because I’d go home alone and realize how alone I really was.
4. Now, I hate dislike weddings because they CONSUME a person… why come when a girl is planning a wedding, it seems like that’s all she talks about? Kinda like when she has her first baby. I seriously hope I don’t do that. It’s annoying.
5. I don’t want to be in any more weddings. It can get expensive and it’s stressful. In the olden days, (way way back when), the bride and groom paid for everything for the bridal party… your dress, your shoes, your tux, etc. Now, you have to pay for your own (which I don’t have a problem with PERSAY), but why do I have to throw you a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, and get multiple gifts for EVERYTHING?
Good grief… only for you to get me some fake jewelry to wear for the wedding which will prolly tarnish in two shakes of a lamb’s tale? This is not cool.
6. Because of my wedding experiences, I would like me and my husband to get married on a beach in Miami, just the two of us, and come back and have a beautiful reception that is sorta like a party. I just can’t see going overboard when we could be planning for our future.
7. If I get one more email, phone call, facebook status, etc. asking me for wedding songs, I”M GONNA TOTALLY FLIP.
That is all… who has any wedding rants? Any stories to share?