ADMIN NOTE: You’ll notice lots of new faces popping up here at SSSO… Today welcome DCDatingDiva!
I don’t think I want children. Ever. However this past weekend, I found myself looking at all of the infants being pushed around in strollers, being carried kangaroo style by loving mommies and daddies, and I seen the absolutely cutest pint-sixed Halloween costumes. Then I thought to myself:
“Aweeee, how cute, could I do that?”….
I know after the newness wears off, I’d be faced with piles of dirty diapers, feedings, 3am screaming at the top of the lung wake-up calls, and no ME time and let me be honest, I LOVE my me time.
When I meet guys, especially new guys, they are floored at the fact that I’m pushing 30, and do not have not one midget diva running around. Then I politely say or rather yell. “Hell no, not me….uhhhh un, nope, nadda”. Some guys find it funny, others make promises that “I will carry their seedlings” (and I make mental note to self, do not return his call), an ex said it was a deal breaker and someone that I’ve been dating on & off for the last, insert number of years here, has made a few statements in passing about me being a good mother. Which, over time, I’m sure I could be a good one, but I think I make a better “Auntie”, cause I can sugar them up and send them home. I have yet to discover a rent-a-baby.
I know there are some people who really, really want kids, and give me the side-eye, once the topic comes up and I rebuke it. I’m not a monster. In fact, it’s best that I don’t have any children and I wish the “bad” parents would have analyzed it the way I did before they got knocked up or done the knocking up.
Other Reasons Why Tots Are Not For Me:
- I love sleeping in
- I love vacationing, preferably at places that have age restrictions. I don’t want to be around your children while I’m on vacation
- I love shopping and not having to worry about if the little rug-rat has to potty, breastfeed, be escorted to the potty…you get the point
- I like having the option of just going. If I want to pack my bags & move, or take a last-minute trip somewhere I can do that
- I can’t see myself having kids with any guys I currently know or have known in the past
- Money. Enough said
- I think pregnant women are adorable, however, giving up all things I love for 9 months is not sexy
So what do you say family? Do you see children in your future, why or why not?